The ABC's of Trauma-Informed Care
This PowerPoint slide deck, entitled "The ABC's of Trauma-Informed Care," was developed by the National Council for Behavioral Health. The presentation can be adapted by organizations as part of their workforce development efforts. Topics covered include:
- What do we mean by trauma? How does trauma affect people?
- What can we learn from listening to the voices of people who have experienced trauma?
- Why is understanding trauma important in the work we do?
- What can we do to ensure that we help those we serve who have experienced trauma?
- Why we all matter
- The stresses of our own work and lives may also make trauma a personal concern
- How understanding trauma and improving our services helps all of us