Getting involved improves prospects for the protections and promising futures children and youth deserve.
Actions you can take today
- Learn the numbers
- Tell three friends about the impact of the substance use crisis on children and youth. Help others learn about important work addressing this issue.
- Listen to victims and their families. Find out what’s happening in your community and help raise their voices.
- Volunteer at a local non-profit, community center, tutoring facility or other group such as National CASA.
- Become informed and share what you learn with others.
- Understand what is working in communities across our country.
Be or become trauma-informed – attend a local training or take a course online
Always be kind and compassionate. Be the person someone trusts.